4/6/12

These are a few of my favorite things: Colored Glass

For my wedding I had friends and family members looking through every secondhand, goodwill, thrift shop, and antique store they could find for amber glasses. You see, it wasn't in the budget to have real china or colorful flowers at my wedding...but I wanted the upscale FEEL of real china and the warm color of floral arrangments at my wedding. So I decided to use amber glasses as part of the decor.



It helped 'chic' up my rustic styled wedding, giving everything a romantic glow and a little pop of glamour - I loved them! AND I got to keep most of them after the wedding (some were borrowed and had to go back to the original owners). However, this started me on a new addiction for colored glass pieces.
Everywhere I go I see them and I want them! It's not a practical addiction at all but when I see a goblet or ice cream dish that is cobalt blue or kelly green or the palest pink...I have to have it!!! And I figure that as long as the piece is $2 or less...it's an okay addiction to have.
sorta.


They just add something to a table...whether you use them as decor or as actual drinking cups...I think they make the table more interesting and a touch vintage-y. So when I saw these hiding on a side shelf at my local thrift shop:


I told myself that I am a weak person with a sickness that only a matching set of blue goblets could cure.

I. Am. Ashamed.

but also secretly very happy... :o) Just one of my favorite things...

No comments:

Post a Comment