3/13/12

The Making Of: A Dysart Wedding

I am a chronic "I-can-do-that-for-cheaper" type of person...it sorta runs in the family...i'm genetically predisposed to it...and night-owl-ness...and a severe addiction to chocolate. True story.
Anyway, I have never admitted defeat, I will NOT pay full price...and when it came to our wedding, this attitude was in full force. I wanted a beautiful, homemade wedding that was unique and looked expensive without actually being expensive.
Basically, I wanted this:



For about $12.50.

That's right...I wanted a value menu wedding.

You might be thinking....Um, yeah right! Not possible! And I'm here to tell you that it IS...completely impossible. I mean, c'mon! Just the flowers alone would've been a fortune! So my dreams had to get a bit smaller and a bit more...rustic.
A LOT more rustic.
So we went for a backyard barbeque that had a little more 'Oomph' to it - kind of ' chic' it up a notch.

And what did we end up with? Well, see for yourself:


I simply loved my rustic chic wedding and although it was crazy to try to do so many things myself (which I highly condemn) it did, for the most part, turn out pretty good! A break down of what I and an army of completely-willing-whenever-I-asked-even-when-it-had-become-ridiculous friends and family members did...and probably should've just payed someone else to do:



2. Ceremony Arbor:


3. Place Settings and Linens and Table Decor:










5. Ceremony Water Bottles and Program Fans:


6. Bouquets and Boutonnieres:



7. Wedding Brownie (instead of cake...looks terrible but tasted good!):


8. Guestbook Thumbprint Tree:


There was so much going on, it got a bit difficult to keep track of it all. All in all, the end result was that we DID get married (yay!) and we had loads of fun with our friends and family without spending a fortune...which meant that we got to put a good down payment on Emma Brick when we bought her! It was a good day to become a Dysart! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment