4/24/12

These are a Few of My Favorite Things: Brass and Copper

You know when you buy a lovely car that is fresh and new and suddenly everywhere you drive, you see other people with the same car and realize how incredibly popular you are to have such a cool car that everyone wants?!?! (I typed that in one breath, by the way)

Okay maybe that's just me.

Brass and copper are my new cars.
I just can't get enough of them and I am seeing them being used everywhere in home decor right now and I'm loving it!

Brass Bridge Faucet on MyHomeIdeas.com:

Brass Desk Lamp on ApartmentTherapy.com:

Brass Hardware on Ana-White.com:

Copper Pendants at ApartmentTherapy.com:

Now the real question is...are people using these metals more these days and that's why I'm seeing it everywhere? OR am I seeing it everywhere because now I like them and want to use them in my own home? 
Either way, i'm happy to jump on the bandwagon and am trying to incorporate them into my own home. So when I came across these darling little cannisters, I had a little 'Want that...no, NEED that' moment.

I had been debating over these little guys at the thrift shop around the corner but at $15 I wasn't buying. I mean...that's equivalent to three spicy tuna sushi rolls or ten junior bacon cheeseburgers or almost fifteen value frostys!!!! But then the guy running the store made a comment to this lady about red stickers being half off and I did this not-so-sneaky speed walk in heels over to my cannister triplets and declared "These are SOOO MINE!!!" to this other lady that was reaching into the shelf because, you know...I didn't want her eyeing my cannisters like that.
I'm hoping some elbow grease will give these guys new life...and they are a perfect addition to my little kitchen transformation. So much so that I am thinking I want more...more lovely warm brass or copper to give my kitchen a little old world charm....

No comments:

Post a Comment