4/26/12

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

I think every girl has an inner alarm. It goes off in our heads when we feel very strongly about something. For instance, there was this time when my son was this cute little munchy chubby baby boy (I'm obviously okay with the over-excessive use of adjectives) and he was smiling at me (something he rarely did up until that point) with one of those sweet sleepy smiles and I'm pretty sure my heart melted as my alarm went 'Smoosh. Smoosh. Sigh.'

...that is until he made the most unholy sounding mess in his diaper because apparently that wasn't exactly a smile so much as a taunt to get me snuggled right up in there so I could get a big ol' whiff!

My alarm immediately switched gears to 'Yuck. Yuck. Eww.'

You know what I'm talking about. In fact, I KNOW you are out there because there's this whole website dedicated to posting pictures or reminders of those things that get our alarms tingling...it's called Pinterest. And that's a fact. And you know you're addicted.

I recognize that my alarm is that first gut reaction to something...a smell, a sight, a sound...whatever it may be. And my guts know me pretty well...really well, actually. So, I know when I look at something online or in a store and my alarm goes 'Oh...pretty. pretty. pretty!' that I should immediately *Pin It* and then figure out a way to get or do that in my own home.

For example, when we were first looking at buying new cabinets for the kitchen, I picked up this book and saw a backsplash much like this one:


And my alarm went 'Must. Have. That!'
Then I realized I actually said it out loud when my husband said, 'Have what?'
Apparently my alarm has an audio function.

Anyway, to make a long story a little prettier...I photo edited.


This is what I dream about at night...faucets and backsplash and cabinets and hardware and being able to cook a proper meal again! Really lofty dreams, you know?


We ordered the white Ox Hill cabinets from the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot and are still in the process of putting them in on our newly refinished floors. We've also already picked out our granite slab...but there are so many more little things...hardware...lighting...faucets..backsplash...paint...curtains...the list goes on and on! I both love and dread the process. Love it because I think it's fun and I love making this space my own. Dread it because I realize I like things that cost a lot of money...or I really like some things that just don't like each other and wouldn't work together in a single space...or I like something that my husband hates....
Oh lofty dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment