10/25/12

From Dumpster to Adorable (Glider Edition)

Remember way WAAY back in March when I posted about these dumpster dive items I got for ZERO dollars and ZERO cents? Well the time has come, my little friends, to talk of them again because I've finally decided they're done!!

For now.

(I reserve the right to undecide their done-ness later and then get them more done than they were done before and redistribute their wealth of doneness at a later date - and if that made sense to you then you need to call me now because we should totally be BFFs)

So, to start off our "FROM DUMPSTER TO ADORABLE" posts: remember when we had a sad neglected little glider that desperately needed to be brought into the 'here' and 'now'?


Helloooooo Gorgeous!!!

Isn't she just 'Rocking' your socks off?!?! Doesn't she look like she would 'glide' effortlessly into any home decor?!?!? Doesn't she seem to be in the 'swing' of thing!?!?!? Yea...I can't think of any more puns so I'm going to stop there.
I was able to find a glider footstool at my local goodwill and after several coats of paint and some painstaking upholstery I've got myself a one-of-a-kind, super-comfy, and oh-so-adorable glider!! All those upgrades didn't come free but if I break down the cost, this Dumpster To Adorable find still comes well under the price of a new glider that wouldn't be nearly so customized to my personal taste.

A new glider from your local box store: $130 to $230
My glider (including the cost of fabric, paint, foam, replacement bolts, etc): $60

And mine is way cuter.
So there.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric! Great choice and a great job! I wish I had your talent! Mine would probably look like what you found in the dumpster!

    ReplyDelete