6/21/12

Shut The Front Door!

Let me introduce you to the front door...


She's very important so I felt an introduction was justified. You see, she is our house's first impression...and we really REALLY want Emma to give a good first impression. Not to say that she gave a BAD first impression when we met her last year:


I mean...we did buy her and we are definitely sticking by that. But like so many good things...there is always room for improvement.


She's red...in case you hadn't noticed. And I love that about her. I always wished for red hair - like Ariel...I even had it dyed red once...Disney messed me up for LIFE with that little mermaid. So, now I'm secretly envious of our front door...mmkay, maybe not-so-secretly envious.
I thought about painting her yellow...because it's so fun and bright and happy...like this:


But with Emma being an orange brick house I figured the front door would come off looking sickly and slightly putrid...which totally turned me off of the idea of painting her front door yellow and I haven't revisited the idea since.
Then I had this great idea of going with a seafoam or teal color like these:


Oh my pretty! 
However fabulous they might be...and they are incredibly fabulous...I realized that they were outside my 'comfort zone' for trying new things...which makes me lame, I know. But red felt safer and warmer and timeless. Don't ask me why...I just do whatever I want and never EVER question myself because...even I don't know the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog! I just found you through pinterest. Great stuff! We just bought our first place outside of NJ & are starting the whole reno process as well. We are very inspired by your kitchen! May be stealing that tile ;-) Can't wait for another post!

    xoxo Melissa

    ReplyDelete